TLC Sukari Babyfacial is a high-end serum from Drunk Elephant. This facial peel contains 25% AHA and 2% BHA. With pH of 3.5, it could exfoliates the surface of the dead skin cells and leaves you with a more youthful skin without causing redness and sensitization your skin. Furthermore, it improves the overall tone and texture. In accordance with Sarah Kinonen, “TLC Sukari Babyfacial is also made with gentler, antioxidant-packed ingredients like soothing matcha tea, vitamin C–spiked apple, and redness-fighting niacinamide to brighten and help fight off free radicals.” A chemical peel that can be an alternative option for going to the facialist.
Price: $80 USD for 50ml.
How to use:
- Use once a week.
- Apply an even layer after washing your face on a dry and clean skin.
- Leave it on your skin for 20 minutes and rinse throughly with warm water.
- Follow your normal skincare routine.
I. What Ingredients are in TLC Sukari Babyfacial Serum
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Silybum Marianum Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Cicer Arietinum Seed Powder, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Dextrin, Polydextrose, Sorbitan Isostearate, Amylopectin, Niacinamide, Phytosphingosine, Lactic Acid, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Polysorbate 60, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol.
- AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid): With glycolic, tartaric, lactic and citric acids, these AHAs blend and work together as a tool to exfoliate all the skin cells. Dissolve in waters and work on the surface of the skin. Through this process, it brightens and improves the overall skin tone and texture.
- BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid): Salicylic acid is isolated from the bark of the willow trees. BHA exfoliates the dead skin cells, penetrates deep inside and unclogs pores. Since it could dissolves the dead skin cells on the surface and deep inside the pores, BHA can be a very beneficial for anyone with acne.
- Gram/Chickpea Flour: Has properties help treating acne and controlling the excess sebum production. Once again, it’s a very effective exfoliating ingredient. Balancing, brightening and improving the dullness of the skin.
- Pumpkin Ferment Extract: A gentle exfoliating tool that can be an alternative to AHAs. Obtained by fermenting the pumpkin fruit with lactobacillus lactis.
Vegan and Cruelty-free: TLC Sukari Babyfacial Serum did no test nor kill or harm on animals. This product also does not contains animal ingredients or an animal product.
III. My Review on TLC Sukari Babyfacial Serum
A) What I Like:
TLC Sukari Babyfacial certainly has changed my skin. The AHAs and BHAs brighten the whole complexion with 20 minutes. Furthermore, getting a facial usually takes about 1 hour. And comparing to that, this chemical exfoliator is faster. I get similar results only in a short amount of time. Without exfoliating, my face becomes very dull and uneven. I tried TLC Sukari Babyfacial and I was shock how good it was. Even though there were tingling and little redness, especially in the first time I use, unquestionably, the next day my skin was super smooth and looked younger, like a baby skin.
Of course, other exfoliators work as well, but I have never see the results that fast with one time use. TLC Sukari Babyfacial transforms my “old lady” face to a “baby” face after night. Besides, not every chemical exfoliator can do it. This product is a very intense exfoliator. It is one of the most intense that I have ever use.
I think TLC Sukari Babyfacial is quite expensive. But I can still get the same result from other products with the cheaper price. Nevertheless, the results are similar to getting a real facial and I was able to exfoliate many times. Therefore, as long as it gives my the right result that I want, I am completely loves it.
B) What I Don’t Like:
TLC Sukari Babyfacial leaves my skin feeling quite tingling after 20 minutes. It is quite scary because I’m always being pessimistic that I over exfoliated my skin, and it will break out. Moreover, I use to the second one. And the pumping is bad. It broke it after several times use.
TLC Sukari Babyfacial is for anyone has skin that is/has dull, uneven texture, dark spots, fine lines or wrinkles.
I recommend that you use this product ONLY once a week because it is a very intense product. In addition, you should test on a small area first. Then, observe the reaction of your skin before apply on your entire face. Despite the fact that it is a good product, it is definitely not for people first time try AHA and BHA on their skins. For this reason, I would recommend for our newbies to less extreme version of TLC Sukari Babyfacial, TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum from Drunk Elephant. It also contains AHAs and BHAs, but there is only 12% AHA and 1% of BHA.
Do you want a shiny smooth and silky hair going on a date? I have written a review on Moroccanoil Treatment Original, an argan oil treatment for hair. Visit here to read.